Feeling a tad inspired after watching the Dr Who episode, A Good Man Goes To War, I thought I would borrow that line and use it for the title of this post, as it is going to be a little different from the ones I usually write.
Instead of going off in what could be called a bit of a rant, I’m going to get off my soapbox and ask some questions instead.
If you would like to answer them, please leave a comment at the end of this post.
- Would you like to see an end to animal use?
- Are you willing to do what ever it takes, legally and within reason, to achieve that goal?
- Do you believe that going vegan is the best thing that consumers can do to end animal use?
- You only have 10 minutes to talk to someone. Will you talk to them about happy meat or veganism?
- Are you willing to compromise your own values for a few fleeting minutes of self-gratification?
- If you believe that incremental reform/regulation is one more step to ending animal use, how many more steps are needed before that goal is achieved?
- What is incremental reform/regulation going to do for those animals that are in the feedlot today, Tuesday 23 Oct 2012, and those who will be transported in tomorrow, or even this time next week?
- Does the group you are in have defined goals, or do they make it up as they go along?
- Is the message you send to people acceptable for the animals (veganism) or the consumer (incremental change)?
- Does the group you are in promote veganism as its only message, or does the message vary depending on the campaign?
- Does your answer above contradict your answers to questions 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5?
That’s the end of the questions, and in case you were wondering what the message was, it is that veganism is the only message.